View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #25
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Here's the link to the file:

This is the current metadata after changing/moving the database to a new location.
FYI, I almost didn't see this. When you edit a post, it doesn't show up as new.

OK, your metadata.db seems to sort fine for me, but it may be confusing you.
First, remember that author sorting is not by what is in the author field, but what is in the author_sort field
If I sort in ascending order, Aesop is first, and J.R.R. Tolkien is last. Aesop is in the author sort field for the first, and Tolkien, J.R.R. is in that field for the last. (If I reverse sort, Tolkien is first, and Aesop is last.)

After "Aesop" comes "Norton, Andre." The content of author_sort is "Andre, Norton" and Andre comes after Aesop, as it should.

You seem to be entering authors as lastname, firstname. This gets reversed automatically in the author_sort field to firstname, lastname, so it's sorting by firstname for most authors.

Is that what you are seeing?

If you are using Lastname, Firstname, you need to use the Tweak settings to control the author_sort field.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote