View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #1324
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Hi!

I´ve recently discovered this excellent program, so I'm still in the learning phase.

I've got a problem with the 2 columns to the right in the attached document. As you can see the program doesn't understand that the blue-shadowed text is one block.

I've tried dabble with different commandos like -crgh, -gtc, -gtr. But nothing works.

Thanks.
k2pdfopt doesn't have any intelligence at all in terms of trying to group together regions with shaded backgrounds. That might be something I could work on at some point. For now, if you want to fix it, you have two options that I can think of: 1. You can protect the shaded region with a box (see this help page), but the boxed region will not be broken into separate columns, or 2. You can use crop boxes on that page:
Code:
k2pdfopt -cbox1 0.4in,0.54in,2.39in,9.73in -cbox1 2.85in,0.56in,4.61in,5.24in -cbox1 2.8in,5.91in,4.85in,4.29in ...
This will give you what you want, and you can use the k2pdfopt GUI to determine the crop boxes (see attached--click the "select" button to graphically select each cropbox). The "1" after each "-cbox" specifies the exact page to apply it to. The three crop boxes go around the first column, the shaded region and then the region below the shaded region. Sorry there's not an easier / smarter way at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scrshot.png
Views:	229
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	153433  
willus is offline   Reply With Quote