View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Location: wherever I can afford to get laid and eat vegetarian
Device: Sony pocket edition and Kobo touch both died - looking at Kindles
Ah, allow this digital ignoramus to share his first finding. Unless this is a not completely functional device, the Sony PRS-350 apparently has to have 'device lock' unlocked not just for the moment but switched to 'off' period. Having done that (a little hard to find on the device actually, as one has to first enter one's password, if one has set it up, and *then* go switch lock to 'off'). Yes, now it shows up.

Now, of course, 'device' shows up among the top row of symbols. Clicking on this I get two choices: 'show books in the main memory of the device' and 'eject device'. Choosing show books, I see the sample books that come with the device. Pressing the command key on my keyboard I select the files I want. Uh, give me a minute, I will watch video again to see what is next step...

Ah, so according to the grand tour video one can indeed over not just from one's Calibre library To the device but also visa-versa. First step after selecting right click. Uh, not such function on a Mac mouse so I must knock my skull to think how to do that... some left-side button as I recall vaguely. Let me try that... After three random tries I get it right 'control' button is the one. It is immediately obvious that it is working. I verify by clicking on library and double-clicking on the title.

The book is there, but none of my highlights and scribblings that I did on the device.

I like the many features of the ebook reader, including full page viewer, 14 different zoom levels (I find that on this large monitor 3 are practical), the option to have two identical windows open of the same ebook, a zillion times more fonts that the book in the reader has, and more. These functions are accessed by clicking on the left-side menu of symbols All in all, user friendly even for this person with very little innate computer talent and a moderate amount of experience.

Last edited by hermes; 06-01-2011 at 06:06 AM.
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote