View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is an interesting idea, and not at odds with calibre's philosophy, at least as I understand it.

Unfortunately, it would be a royal pain to implement. The table widget that calibre uses does not support row collapsing, so it would need to be done manually. In addition, it would only work when the display is sorted by series.

If I were going to consider building something like this, I would probably permit collapsing the display based on the current sort column. That way I could collapse by series, author, rating, publisher, what-have-you. It wouldn't make much sense to collapse by title, but it would be possible. Tags would be a problem, but single-valued text custom fields would work well.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote