View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
If I were an author (And thank your lucky stares that I'm not.) I would look at the categories in E-Book General and say to myself -

News - Yes. My new book is news.
or
General Discussions - This would be a good place to discuss my new book.
or
Deals, Freebies, and Resources - I'll tell everyone that my new book is free. TODAY ONLY.
or

But you get the point. Yes, we do need a "Promote Your Own Book" category. And the mods need to remove the entire post including the title of the post. Most people don't read rules so post it at the top of each forum in bold letters. If the poster makes a plea that the mod wants to accept then the mod can move it back.

"By the way, did you notice a thread called "Are there any readers here?"

Perhaps -Do readers frequent the forums?

Not to worry. If any thread is longer than 2 pages it will mutate faster than spit in an X-Ray machine. People had fun making it in to what they wanted. And that's the point. Enjoy.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote