Thread: Classic Disappointing battery life?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymantix View Post
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. On one hand, the battery lasts a fairly long time and if I read heavily then I have to charge it every few days. However, I also have a Sony PRS-300 and the battery life on that is several times better than my nook. I've read 7 books in a row on the Sony, but can only read 2-3 on the nook.
On the other hand, my Sony PRS-600 will drain its battery in 7-8 days. Different devices do have different power consumption characteristics. That's just a fact of life, and is one of the things one has to investigate before buying a device, if it's something that's important to you.

The PRS-300 certainly does discharge when it's in "standby" mode. It will flatten its battery in about two and a half to three weeks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote