Thread: Classic Disappointing battery life?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Xymantix
Xymantix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Reader
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. On one hand, the battery lasts a fairly long time and if I read heavily then I have to charge it every few days. However, I also have a Sony PRS-300 and the battery life on that is several times better than my nook. I've read 7 books in a row on the Sony, but can only read 2-3 on the nook.

I don't have wifi turned on and it's in airplane mode, so I've done everything I can think of to prolong the battery life of the nook. Most disturbing is that the Sony appears to draw 0 power when it's off, but the nook continues to draw power and drain the battery even when I'm not using it. I can leave it on my nightstand for 3 days and the battery will be way down.

The reason that I say I'm on the fence is that on one hand the battery life is perfectly reasonable. Being able to read a couple of books without charging it seems reasonable to me. As does charging it every 5 days or so. However, I was used to the extraordinary battery life of the Sony, and to top it all off B&N claimed 10 days of use with the nook. I'd bet that my nook's battery would be totally drained in 10 days - and that's without me reading anything on it and having the wifi and 3G turned off! That's the part that's killing me.
Xymantix is offline   Reply With Quote