View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 06:23 AM   #774
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
Problems with new update

Anyone else having problems with updating the mimas to Android 8.1? The reset button doesn't seem to work properly. I definitely can't get the flashing tool to recognise my device as "loader device". I could get it to recognise my device as an ADB device although now I have no idea how I did it. In any case that was not sufficient. I've tried following the instructions that Boyue gives but it simply won't go into that mode.

This is the update I'm referring to:
https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...518418434?s=20
(Version 3.02)

To clarify: By reset button I mean the one next to the headphone jack you can put a pin in to press.

Edit: I have now tried to enable USB-debugging mode in the developer settings as well. This did make it switch permanently to "ADB device" but this is still not the "loader" device type. I'm assuming "loader" refers to the bootloader?

Edit 2:
Haha. Turns out me having flashed android custom ROMs before came in handy. When device is turned off, hold down "page-left"/volume down and power button at the same time until it shows up as just being turned off on the e-reader display and the flashing software shows "loader device". Then follow the instructions from there. Why can't they even give correct instructions!!!

Last edited by Maginus; 02-02-2021 at 07:11 AM.
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote