View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #7
ChriChri
ChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enough

Device: pb740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
To adjust the OS (firmware), you will need to use the internal port via USB TTL.
I'm thinking about a way to do that without opening the device. Information about the devices B288 Allwinner soc and Alwinner socs in general can be found here.

There is a page describing FEL mode on Allwinner devices. FEL mode can be used to boot an Allwinner soc devices via USB.

Problem is that I didn't understand the context of the Allwinner BROM as much as to being able to fill out the missing information about supported SOCs.

That information is needed to patch the sunxi-fel tool with informations about to which memory regions the data being needed to boot has to be loaded - well, as far as I understood the process.

My idea would be to make a via usb bootable system for the InkPad 3 that can be used via USB-serial or network, use this system as root to mount and change e.g. /etc/sudoers and obtain by doing so root access to the original device and firmware.

I already have access to a board of a Pocketbook Inkpad 3 via serial connection (which enables access to uboot shell, startup diagnostic and a root shell), but I didn't figure out, yet, how to obtain the missing information about the BROM that is needed to use the sunxi-fel usb boot feature.
ChriChri is offline   Reply With Quote