View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Nothing wrong at all, if that was what it meant. But Life plus 70 unfortunately means date of death plus 70 years, which I think should be stated: "death plus 70".
Would it be fair to say that the life span of an author ends when they die? I can't think of non-silly cases where it would end earlier or later than date of death.

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to see a universal death plus 50.
I'd rather see some amount of years from publication that can be extended at the authors discretion for a nominal fee. Failure to renew would cause the work to go into the public domain.

A company like Disney could have their swarm of lawyers renew all their copyrights like clockwork. But authors that no longer care about their work or who die forgotten would have their work enter public domain a lot sooner.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote