View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #44
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I also would appreciate a Screenshot patch. When trying to decide which default menu option to hijack, I would think that suitable candidates would be any which:
  • have only a simple ON/OFF setting
  • any individual user is likely to set once to their chosen preference then never touch again - just like the Adobe Page Numbers hijacked for InvertScreen.
The patch description could also tell the user how to permanently enable the old standard option by editing their .conf file.

An example might be the Large Print Mode option under Settings > Beta Features with a patch note stating

Making a Patch Group with multiple choices would be even better.
Your guidelines are correct. I will probably replace the Large Print Mode for this patch. As for multiple choices, that probably won't happen until I automate replacing BLX instructions in kobopatch, as I currently have to calculate each offset manually.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote