View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 05:06 AM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikakushi View Post
- - - -
Data: G090KB, 5.8.10.1
- - - -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikakushi View Post
Thank you. The only piece of information the device lets me know is shown in the attached picture, so I can't tell for sure if it's still running 5.8.10.1.
- - - - -
It sure reads to me as if YOU wrote that it is running 5.8.10.1 now.
If it was running 5.8.10.1 BEFORE you started this, I would like you to re-read the title of this thread.

The procedure described here is ONLY for the PW3, running 5.8.9.0.1 AT THE TIME it is used on the device.

Note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by first post
This is a hardware/firmware specific variation on the current software jailbreak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by current software jailbreak
There is a single, complex, special case for 5.8.9.0.1 firmware version. If you get a Kindle with that firmware version, please just post in this thread before you do anything to it, your device **might** be one of the rare exceptions.

Whatever the situation was and whatever the situation is now, I can assure you that the image did not break your screen.
It might appear broken, but if it is broken, then it was something physical done to it.

You can tell the difference by watching to see if the left half of the screen ever changes when you reboot it.

= = = =

Your choices now appear to be:
Since it is brand new, just purchased, return it for replacement.
or
De-brick it using the serial port.

= = = =

(*) I have had a bunch of requests this week for the file required from people who clearly never read or read and refused to follow that part of the directions.
In every case, my initial response did not include access to the image file.

People who can not read the directions and people who can read but not follow the directions have no business trying anything they find here.
Everything on this site assumes people will read and follow the directions.
(And believe any replies of "No" they might receive.)

Last edited by knc1; 01-14-2018 at 05:10 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote