View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 03:56 AM   #64
Kamikakushi
Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Kamikakushi put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If it is running 5.8.10.1 then the special image did not install.
Put the special image at the visible root of the Kindle, then reboot it.
Thank you. The only piece of information the device lets me know is shown in the attached picture, so I can't tell for sure if it's still running 5.8.10.1.

I don't know how I can move the update file again to the PW, as it can't connect for more than a few seconds, while pasting the file on it takes a few minutes. And plugging in the USB (both to a wall charger and the PC) makes the device restart the booting with this broken screen at the end of the process (and the charger light turns off, too, after getting to this part). I tried holding the power button for 40 seconds, it repeats the booting (or loading, don't know which is the right word in this case) with the same result. So anything I do ends in the broken screen shown above.

If I missed something, please tell me. Thank you very much for your help!

Edit: when the PW connects, these are the directories I can see in the root folder: .active_content_sandbox, documents, update.bin.tmp.partial, voice.

Last edited by Kamikakushi; 01-14-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Kamikakushi is offline   Reply With Quote