View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #1258
Ffan
Ffan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
First of all great work and great forum. Very useful :-D
Second, I got two questions:
The first would be that for some reason my KUAL menu show a JBPatch entry. I don't know how it go there or how to get rid of it. I just installed JBPatch out of curiosity, but the menu entry doesn't work. I know how to create a working one but that of course wasn't the point. I have since deinstalled JBPatch and would like to know if/how I can get rid of the menu entry. It's not a big deal but I hope someone can give me at least sone clues if it is possible^^
The other issue is somewhat more complicated I'm afraid. Since I jb'ed (mainly for Collections Manager really) I noticed alot more battery drain. Basically I'm left with a couple of hours. So I went back and got rid of anything I though not essential, this is what I currently have installed then:
KUAL-v2.3, kual-helper-0.2.N, kual-kual-plus-0.2.N, kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N, k5_rescue_pack_20131220, kindle-mkk-20140214, kindle-python-0.10.N
"Apps": CollectionsManager_2.6.2, kindle-linkss-0.17.N
Not much as you can see, the only thing I could still get rid of without loosing the purpose of the JB (Collections Manager) would be python + screensaver. I'm gonna try this in the near future, but meanwhile I was wondering if someone might have some insight here, if the problem could be related to something else. I experimented a bit and had a couple of other things installed (fonts, kindle-menu, jbpatch), could it be some "remnants" of any of those? What would be the best approach to find out and fix it ?

Thanks in advance, I'm aware that the battery drain could probably stem from multiple sources which makes it a pain in the a** to figure out.
Ffan is offline   Reply With Quote