View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Hi Dave,

I tried several rooms from XDA, all of them with problems. Because they are custom, drains a lot of battery or some features are just missing for my particular phone.

Also, developers come and go; they support some ROMs for months but usually they move on and start developing a different ROM or for a different device.

Granted, it is a nice way to convert a Windows phone to Android, like the nice HTC. I had. Or if you don't have the money to acquire a true Android device. But on my case was not lack of knowledge , I'm a long time Linux user.

As a reliable business phone that you use for work all days, I would not recommend that exercise to anyone but a stock Android experience. But if you have a spare phone of you can live with minor Android issues I agree with you and sometimes is even cheaper than get a full and stock Android experience, like the Nook Color tablet for example.
I am sorry if I misunderstood your point of view. I am using a custom Froyo rom with only very slight modifications from stock, other than rooting. It has been very reliable and well supported all this year. There are several others that also seem to be well supported on XDA-Developers, although I do know of some that are battery eaters as well. I just did not want to see all of the open-source work down by the XDA-Developers people painted with the same brush as your first post in this thread seemed to do.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote