View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Been away for a few releases...question about custom columns support

I haven't been away that long, but since Kovid updates Calibre so frequently it is easy to fall behind!

So I know that recently there have been many changes to better support custom columns as well as furthering support for multiple libraries.

My specific question is this: Is there as yet an easy way (ie. click a button) to have your custom columns applied to any new library you create?

Right now, all my books are in 1 library. My "Main" library. There are some that I would like to move into a secondary library. But I want to keep my custom columns. When I last checked in several versions ago, the answer was to create the new library (empty) and manually create the custom columns to match before copying/moving the books. Is this still the case? Or have any of the programming geniuses who contribute to Calibre (and I am definitely not any sort of programming genius) devised/added a method to "copy" your custom columns to a new library?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote