View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #23
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I read what interests me. Period. The value of my time and the price of admission rarely factor into my decision in that regard.
I agree with the first. But the value of my time does matter to me as well my patience, which also is limited. Not only do I want to maximize my actual reading time by playing the odds in terms of likely sources and avoiding the ocean of carp that is self-pubbed, I also have a kindly regard for my mental and emotional health, which is not helped by reading awful stuff, even just to sample it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Yep. And it’s not just the typos and grammar. It’s the depth of the story telling. The extra details, the texture, the character development.
Indies strike me as tending to be long on conversation and short on narrative. It's as if the author heard the voices in his head and just transcribed them, like a court reporter.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote