View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 01:21 AM   #56
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
New Kindle sales are at least once a month. Besides, you can buy used e-readers with built-in light for cheap as well.
They don't go on sale for $30 off once a month. But I understand they go on sale quite a bit. As for used eReaders, agreed. I'm currently using a Paperwhite 2 that cost less than $30 total (including the cost of a new Fintie cover ordered directly from Fintie).

Quote:
It was $80 for the Basic (KT3). Both Basic and Paperwhite 10th gen got a $10 increase from previous model.
I'm talking about the pre-7th and 8th generation Basics. 4th and/or 5th (silver and black, non-touch Basic Kindles). But I was off by $10, they sold for $70 when Paperwhites were going for $120, so that's still a significant amount.

Quote:
Anyway, my point is at this time, frontlight isn't just a "premium" feature anymore.
No, not any more.

Screen capture from Archive.org (June 30th, 2014).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nontouch.png
Views:	151
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	172502  

Last edited by rcentros; 07-21-2019 at 01:25 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote