Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Sorry Toxaris

I wish to set this span around some selected   tags (according French punctuation rules).
</span class="fine">&nbsp;</span>

A simple Find and Replace regex allows me to do it in Code view.

However, I can create the desired tags but only one by one. When I intend to perform a global F and R, the result is reported but in fact not executed. Once created one by one, I can have a look at them in Code view. So, I am not dreaming.

Worse, the created spans are automaticaly erased by Sigil the next time I come back to Code view from Book view.

I am sure it is possible to ask Sigil not to erase anything but I do not find how : for example, the same instance of Sigil respects these exactly same span tags around the &nbsp; entities on one document (alas! not created by me) but it removes them on mine.

HTML Tidy is not involved. I do not touch its button.

I really would like to be able to perform a global Find and Replace and to keep my changes.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote