View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Fictionwise is hard to compare using this method. All their discounts are sales (or membership) which don't show up. They don't have the luxury of DRM to drive sales, so they have to use rewards.
I'm not following you they own the eReader DRM. And they do use it to drive sales by discounting 5% when you chose that format.

I agree with you last year FW was excellent, and I saved lots of money back when they had their 50%,100% rebates. But they don't hold those specials anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
Personally, I have saved about 55% at FW using the sales wisely.
Not this year you didn't, unless FW had a 100% rebate sale I did not hear about or you exclusively buy their 100% books.

While most of my books where purchased using FW and using their BW club plus their sales last year, it was a hassle. In the end the savings are close to what you would save at Amazon, BUT unlike FW you wouldn't have to binge spend $100-200 dollars over a weekend just to get the savings with Amazon the books are always discounted and one can moderate their spending.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote