View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Daniel Morris
Daniel Morris began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, kindle
Talking THE CANAL, Dark Thriller, $1.99! UPDATE: Now available for most e-readers

UPDATE: Now available in almost all e-book formats over at Smashwords.

Hello, my name is Daniel Morris -- I’m a writer with one previously published book, Andromeda: The Broken Places (Tor, 2003), and I’m happy to add that my most recent novel, a dark thriller called THE CANAL, is now being offered in Kindle format for $1.99.

THE CANAL pushes the detective thriller into chilling new terrain, melding noir and horror into a tightly paced page-turner. In the book you’ll find a world where a stagnant river becomes a home of unimaginable evil, and it’s a world that I’m hoping you won’t want to leave!

Here’s the synopsis:
For detective Joe Lombardi, when a body is discovered dangling beneath the Carroll Street Bridge, the first place he turns to for answers is the nearby canal. With its long history of pollution and neglect, the canal has gained a dubious reputation for ruining people’s lives -- Joe’s included. But to Joe’s younger partner, Alan D’Angelo, Joe is little more than a liability, a chain-smoking failure who stands in the way of a much-coveted promotion. Determined to turn the occasion of their investigation to his favor, Alan vows to end Joe’s career by beating him to the killer and currying favor with their new boss. But when it comes to the canal nothing is ever what it seems: as Joe and Alan set out to catch their killer, they’re about to stumble across an unspeakable secret, one that’s waiting for them just beneath the water’s dark surface...

I wrote THE CANAL while living in Brooklyn, New York, just a few blocks away from the Gowanus Canal – the actual canal upon which the novel is based. You can also learn more about the book (and also find an excerpt) at my website.

Anyways, thanks for letting me join MobileRead and allowing me to plead my case!

Best,
Daniel Morris

Last edited by Daniel Morris; 07-30-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added Smashwords url
Daniel Morris is offline   Reply With Quote