View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've said that before, but I also use a mix of named an numbered entities for quotes and apostrophes. I use ’ for a curly right single quote, and & #8217; for a curly apostrophe. They are exactly the same character, but it's nice to have them different in the source files if I want to search&replace or something.
The best possible thing would be to use xhtml quote tags:
Code:
<q> </q>
, then define the quote characters in css, the way it is intended to be. Such a solution works for nested quotes, too.

Sadly, this doesn't work for me in ADE/505.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote