View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #28
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I remember being in school and getting mocked for loving to read. I also remember that were plenty of other kids who loved reading as well. My point is that I'm not sure that it's a recent thing. There will always be readers and non readers. I do agree that the educational system can dampen reading for pleasure and thinking outside the box for that matter. The nuns used to yell at me when they saw I was reading a book they deemed "inappropriate" or "trashy". Being that I'm one stubborn girl, this had the opposite effect.

Look at how sales of ebooks and ereaders have taken off, and they aren't being sold exclusively to adults over the age of 20 either.

As far as being "cool". Well, I think that definition is subjective. To me, someone who doesn't follow the rest of the sheep and does what they enjoy, is cool.

Last edited by voracious71; 10-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote