View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The site has seemed to be completely neglected except for the book lists and items directly related to book sales. It was hard to even get info on what you get extra when you buy the pro version of ereader. And if you look at FAQs or online manuals/help it's pretty rediculous.

But in terms of the reader functionality and the way the whole ebook DRM and sales work, it's not too bad so far. Right now they are my preferred ebook seller. And I briefly had some conversations with some of the high level people there, who seemed very mature and competent. They left me with a good feeling about things.

Hopefully we'll start to see more put into the site in the future, as well as upgrades to the ereader software. I'd hate to think that they are just milking it. (Like CA became famous for doing with software... buy something, don't maintain it, but just soak up the revenue until it dies. If you work in IT, you probably know what I mean.)

Time will tell, but for now I'm still comfortable with them.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote