View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
If you want a new page before Chapter One, Chapter Two, etc, put a page break after the previous text, e.g. after the Back Title page (or Foreword) for Chapter One, at the end of chapter one for Chapter Two, etc. DON'T include the page break in the chapter style as the meatgrinder may not pick it up. I'd then put a couple of line feeds to move the title down a bit, or actually you can do this in the chapter style. Move it down a couple or three centimetres.

I think most people prefer chapter titles to be centred. This applies to Chapter One, Chapter Two, etc. but not necessarily to the extra blurb.

If not all chapters have these extra lines, I think I'd put them in a smaller font than the chapter title, although whether you centre them or left align them is a matter of what feels best to you. Yes, you could bold them as well.

Personally I wouldn't capitalise any of these. It seems to be generally accepted that text in all capitals is harder to read than mixed. But again, it's a personal thing. Ask ten people on here, and you'd probably get twelve different answers, and this is a yes or no question!

Just my two cents worth.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote