View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:21 AM   #9
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem B&N has is that the nook line was rubbish from the start and it's still rubbish now.
I wouldn't call the Nook rubbish. I liked (and still do) my Nook Simple Touch. So much so that when I just bought a PaperWhite, I thought my old Nook was just as good or better. I soon learned that my initial impression was wrong, probably formed because I was familiar with the Nook and not so the PaperWhite. The PaperWhite is the clear winner now. But I still like the Nook. I just don't like what I'm reading about B&N the company, it seems like their customers are kind of getting screwed, or at least are on their way to getting screwed. Some of this isn't entirely B&N's fault. I don't think their market share is too good, and there's only so much you can do before throwing in the towel. Bottom line: They're in it to make money, not make customers happy. The only reason you'd want to have happy customers, is to support your ultimate goal of making money. As market share shrinks, happy customers don't contribute enough to save a company. So customers get sidelined. Then employees. Then shareholders. Then the company is finally gone. I don't want to see this happen to B&N. But it is what I predict will happen.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote