View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #56
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Might I make a practical suggestion, Psymon? I've been running this ebook library, as well as creating ebooks, for many years, and although (as you very correctly note) I'm no lawyer, I do have a good practical knowledge of how copyright law works in both the UK and the US. However, clearly I'm not going to persuade you that what I'm telling you is correct. Go and talk to the people at Project Gutenberg. Nobody knows more about the law pertaining to the public domain in the US than they do, and if you choose not to believe me (which I have absolutely no problem with, BTW), perhaps you'll believe what they tell you? Come back here when you've done that and let us know what their view of the matter is.
That sounds like a good idea -- either Project Gutenberg or an actual copyright lawyer, if I can find one for free (or, even better, an online forum for such legal questions, which I could then share a link to here). Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll get back to you (you all) on that, if/when I can get some sort of response (regardless of the outcome).
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote