View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #55
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
that no matter what revisions I've made, sharing it here makes it a veritable free-for-all to grab and use for their own.

Because my copyright on my well-informed, knowledgeable revisions isn't worth a damn around here (even though, by law -- never mind common sense and fairness -- it actually is). :/
Let me just add that whatever attitude we have here, has no say in what is legal or not to do with your book, and that is the same whether you post it here or anywhere else, for free or for a few hundred bucks.

Of course, if you post it here it means you allow MR users to download it. You may claim or reserve any other right. But there are two points to keep in mind:

- Your claims may be void before the law if they refer to something that's effectively public domain. Some of us believe this will be the case for the text of the book, you believe otherwise. It doesn't matter, that doesn't affect what happens when you upload it to MR or elsewhere.

- Regardless of the validity of your claims, it is always possible that someone will take your book, copyrighted or not, and distribute it or sell it. MR plays no part there. Whether or not you are right, if this happens you'd have to fight for your claimed rights, and you may win or lose.

The only situation where MR may have something to say is if you upload it (here or elsewhere) and someone else wants to upload some other book derived from yours. Then we'd have to decide whether this second book is infringing some copyright or not... But let's talk about that when and if it happens.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote