View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #49
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
We are not discussing what we want or we would like, but what we believe the law means. An it seems we disagree. I can't understand why you can't understand that.
Well, I can't help but understand that -- that's rather apparent.

Quote:
But since neither of us are lawyers, and we are not in court, whatever we believe is moot. Let's please stop this discussion (or continue it somewhere else, this is not the place for it).
10-4. Roger, over and out.

EDIT/POSTSCRIPT: Sorry, I do promise to stop replying on this thread, but I just have to respond to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid it's not creative. It requires no creativity to correct a spelling mistake. It's a purely mechanical process which a trained monkey (who could use a dictionary) could do.
A trained monkey wouldn't know that the word "bitter" (in Sonnet #91) should, in fact, be "better."

More significantly, even most trained humans wouldn't know that "rn'wd" (in Sonnet #73) shouldn't be corrected to "ruin’d" (as most editors correct it as), but rather to "rwn'd" (although that does mean "ruin’d," of course). Only a person who is well-familiar with obscure, early printed English texts would have any clue about that.

Anyway, whatever.

Last edited by Psymon; 10-01-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote