View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #15207
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
So, on to: The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. A YA novel I bought way back in May 2009, but I'm pretty sure I haven't read yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Don't even bother, Durrant. It might be kind of interesting at first, but things get really, really boring later on. I had to quit after 3 books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I've been interested in this series since recognizing the name from The Harry Potter series.

I beleve Mr. Flamel was also mentioned in The Mysterious Benedict Society (another fantastic kids series, if I do say so myself).

Maianhvk is right, I'm afraid. The writing is only adequate, and I just can't believe the setup. I'm half way through and I'm going to abandon it.

I think time for something I'm sure to enjoy. It's been a while since I've read it, and so since it's this month's book club book, I'll read Persuasion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote