View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #15206
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Just finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King. Got really hooked from beginning to end. Great novel by a great author! You realize in only 50 years how much have changed. People smoked everywhere, food tasted better, and security that we are so used to it these days but back it was like "There was no short-term or long-term parking, just parking. It cost seventy-five cents a day..." and "..there were no metal detectors to walk through. Passengers simply showed their tickets to a guy standing by the door, then walked across the hot tarmac to planes belonging to one of five carriers.."
Or another great part is:
"...ordered the Cloud 9 Chef's Salad. It was huge and I was too nervous to be hungry - it's not every day that a man gets to see the person who's going to change world history - but it gave me something to pick at while I waited for the plane carrying the Oswald family to arrive."

I was born one year before JFK's death, it really took me back to the times how simple life was. Loved it!

As a great timing, I just got the book from public library "50 shades of gray" that I did not want to buy, but want to read (for free) so I can have my opinion. I did not like the sample I got, not good enough to purchase it but since most of my friends are so excited about it (Its really tense, ok a lot of sex but there is a good story line) I will give it a try. Just for the hell of it!

Last edited by bcgirl; 01-14-2013 at 11:41 AM.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote