Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #26
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
I had a client send me a powerpoint document that I needed to convert to an epub. So I had to manually copy and paste all 95 pages into word then I converted to html, opened in Sigil took a few pages and assigned a font face with a few styles in Sigil. I need ed to embed font in the epub so I added the font and I was able to manually assign the styles to each paragraph and it looks fine.

Now I need to have the complete book display in the same font
Getting back to the original question:

No you don't. The client has unreasonable expectations, and you've offered him something unrealistic. eBooks, at their current state of development, aren't about font choice. They aren't about a whole lot of layout control. Anything complicated is best treated as a graphic, and you have to accept that the resizing algorithims and screen resolution of many readers will degrade quality a little or a lot.

If you had a Save buffer full of plain text, why on earth did you mangle it through Word and an HTML conversion? Paste it straight into Sigil. Or maybe into Notepad first, to strip out any lingering formatting code. Then add the minimum possible formatting necessary to make the information readable on a monochrome 5" screen. Which isn't much!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote