View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Yeah, I think it's pretty darn ugly and smells a little of the Librie design. Shame on you Amazon for not hiring competent designers! If Apple gets wind of this, they jump on the bandwagon and have an iReader before you know it!

As to the "additional features"... I think this is really a moot point, just make an eReader that delivers good screen realestate (I can't spell!!!), minimal power consumption, excellent contrast ratio, and an eBook delivery system that doesn't smell of week old fish. No one really needs all these other features in a book, that's what a PDA is for. How many paperback & hard cover books do you know of that can access the Internet or have keyboards built-in to them? Not many I know, and I'm not one for marking up books either. Some people may like this feature, but I'd better opt for a bluetooth keyboard that is only there when you need it and uses as little juice as possible.

Doh! Guess I just gave up a little IP, gotta stop doing this! Who wants to get together and design a truly innovative eReader that has all we want in it?
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote