View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
But she did desert her post at the hospital; and at the end of the book she runs away after the death of Melanie.
She never realized until it was too late how much she depended upon Malanie's inner strength. Perhaps subconsciously this was another reason why she stood by Melanie under fire.

All I was trying to show was that she was a complicated character. Like Rhett, she had major character flaws, but she wasn't all bad.

Speaking of Rhett Butler, I think the best thing about him was his love for his daughter Bonnie. Certainly a daughter could ask for no better parent than he was to her. The other thing I liked about Rhett was his radical honesty. He always called it like he saw it and let the chips fall where they may.

The worst thing about Rhett Butler? War profiteering and killing a newly freed slave for no greater offense than being "uppity" to a white woman. Mr. Butler could be very inhumane.

Best Rhett Butler line? If not “My dear, I don’t give a damn,” then certainly it was "That's your misfortune," after Scarlet finally declared her love for him. Ouch! I could feel that from my house!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote