View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I got my first Android phone this weekend, and I've tried four different e-reader programs so far: Kindle, Kobo, FBreader, and Aldiko. Aldiko for the win! It's got a beautiful interface, is very customizable, and best of all, I can drag my epub books into it manually and it will import them with no problem. I deleted the Kobo and FBreader programs. I'll keep the Kindle because if I happen to be reading a Kindle book it will sync between this and my Kindle, and that's pretty handy. If I just had to have one, though, it would be Aldiko. It's very nice.

I have tried several readers on my HTC EVO 4G, and recently settled on Kindle for exactly the reason you have stated. Even though it's not as full featured or pretty as some of the others, the WhisperSync feature more than makes up.

I tend to jump from device to device, and used to sync them with word search. That required me to remember to sync before moving on, which is a time consuming hassle. Since I loaded the Kindle app on everything the problem has been solved. Now if I’m reading something on my PC or tablet or my wife’s K2 and I want to head out, no problem. I just open the Kindle app on my phone; tap the sync button, and wallah! There I am.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote