View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 12:44 AM   #3
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I am tempted to ask what did you expect when you signed out of your Kobo and your database was replaced with a fresh blank copy?
Umm, yeah,, who would expect signing out replaces your database and settings? That's actually a really weird thing *I* would never expect. If I select sign out, I expect the only effect would be not being able to buy stuff from the store.. Since I know DRM is a thing, I might further expect that DRM books would no longer be readable... but to delete my database with all my reading positions and annotation, including all the documents that are not cloud synced? Nobody would expect that, and a clear warning would be appropriate.

Edit: Should have verfied this before shoving my keyboard so far down my throat. Was the warning always there?

Last edited by rashkae; 09-17-2021 at 11:07 AM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote