View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #24
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but in Power Manager I have "Never" for Sleep and Power off timeout, and 30 min. for Network Inactivity Timeout.
That's not the wake-lock: that is when the device goes to a patent sleep mode - the screen becomes a screen-saver image.
What the wake lock prevents, you do not see: the CPU goes to sleep, and you have no signal that it happens. It wakes up after you wake the device giving hardware input (buttons, screen touch etc.) - but BlueTooth input does not count for that, so you type all you want and the device stays enchanted in a limbo.

The optimal process would be: when the device believes that it is time to take a nap and preserve battery, it should (it does), but upon BlueTooth keystroke, it wakes up. I am not sure it is possible to implement that in a firmware. BlueTooth keystrokes are not "hardware interrupts": there is a radio in between, a more complex mechanism than the hardware buttons.

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote