View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #18
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post
It's supposed to be a blinking orange, but as you've probably noticed, a change in viewing angle of just a few degrees shifts the color through red, orange, and green. Red is supposed to signify a severely depleted battery, apparently.

Last night when I was trying to revive my Pocket Pro, I also experienced the color-cycling you refer to, where the colors cycle independently of the viewing angle. This is different from what it looks like when doing a normal charge. I do not know what it means and a brief skim of the manual didn't turn up anything.

Yes, I never removed the battery.

A few minutes ago I picked up my Pocket Pro that's been sitting around for about 12 hours since I finished charging it this morning. I had left it turned on with a book on-screen. When I hit the page-advance, nothing happened. Page-back, nothing. Menu, nothing. Locked up. I reset it, and the reset screen just showed "Starting..." for several minutes, until I reset it again. Now everything seems to be OK. Battery level is good.

I think I'll experiment with turning it off after every use, instead of just leaving it on like I do with it's bigger 6" EZReader brother, and see if that helps. Leaving it on all the time is obviously not working for me.

It's a young device and may just need a little more firmware work. Or maybe I got a lemon. I'll give it some more time and see what experience others have with it.
unluckily for me I can't even try it
upon further inspection, I see a green light, then both together (may appear as orange for some) and then red only, and then the cycle repeats.... I've got too much lemonade material
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote