View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #627
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by donytown View Post
OH, my hero!! Now that the 5.3.8 is out, Could help make it work in the new firmware?
I guess there won't be too many differeneces between two versions~~
Thanks for your WORK!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The Kindle's Java libraries are completely re-obfuscated with each release.
That means that the work has to be completely re-done.
Which may or may not take months, and is not going to happen just hours after the release.
It's not all that bad for Collections Manager (yet?). Unlike JBPatch, for which the above statement is essentially true, because I had to analyze the bytecode again and again, as JBPatch changes the implementation... CM only uses a few built-in classes, whose class names stay relatively stable (this new upgrade brought one more class rename than the previous ones did, and a few other unpleasant changes). But the actual implementation (=bytecode instructions) of the collections doesn't seem to change anymore, only the method names do. So once you got the hang of it, it's a relatively quick thing to do. It still is some work, but it's more like 2 or 3 hours, instead of -- literally -- days or weeks, as it was for JBPatch.

That said, I've invested those 3 hours, and a CM version supporting FW 5.3.8 is ready. I'll "officially" post it here in a few minutes, I just have to commit the changes, update the first post, etc. Hang on.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote