View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Battery Upgrade on KT, KG, KM Possible?

Searching the forum I could not find any information about the internal battery packs used in the Kobo e-ink line of ereaders.
Looking at mod and tear down pictures it seems to me that a polymer battery pack is used. Probably Li-ion. Can someone post more information about it?
I would like to knowthe specs of the standard battery packs used in the readers, like power, capacity, dimensions (length,width,height).

Can the battery be replaced with a higher capacity pack?

Update (based on comments in this thread).

Kobo Glo
Type: Li-ion
Power: 3.7V
Capacity: 1000 mAh
Dimensions: 54.5(L)×42.3(W)×3.8(T)mm
Manufacturer: Power Source Energy Co., Ltd.
Part number: H384355
Product link: H384355

Kobo Touch
To be posted (hopefully)

Kobo Mini
To be posted (hopefully)

Last edited by Anak; 03-27-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: update battery info
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote