View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #44
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
@knc1

I'm worried @Hexadecimal will need to us the 'mm' command to manually write in the new uboot, but i'm not sure that is even possible, i don't exactly know where this uboot is running from.

https://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/UBootCmdGroupMemory

@Hexadecimal

since you have your kindle open, you could try to get that USB Boot active, that may let you reset everything, but we haven't figure out how to start it yet.

On the right hand side of the kindle board, below the serial port, there is a pad labelled USB Boot, but I have not had any luck on my side ( but I managed to rip all the pads off with a bad solder job )
It is too big to type in.

See my post above -
At least the PW3-4 models have a built-in (non-obvious) way to write a copy of u-boot into the hardware write protected area of the eMMC.
We need to confirm in his source code that his device model does the same before it is tried.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote