View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #26
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'll be honest. This is the first I've ever heard of "Strix control." I certainly don't remember it being mentioned when I bought the item. Two quick searches didn't make me any wiser as to what it actually is/does. I only learned that "British Strix" is the manufacturer of said whosiwhatsit. More than likely, it's not something I'll need anyway for making almost-boiling-water for french-press coffee.

Neither "Boiling dry" nor freakishly accurate temperature control are things that are relevant to my usage. Make the coffee, empty the kettle and put it away.
I ran into it when one co-worker had his apartment damaged by his near new kettle. Despite the claims made on Amazon's page and the labelling on the kettle, the control was not manufactured by Strix and had not received any of the testing certifications whose logos were on the control. His insurance company used this information to refuse to pay most of his claim (the term penny on the dollar was kicked around).

BTW, in the link you gave, Strix is mentioned twice and the ad for the newer version for half the price specifically says "British Strix" though that unit lacks the temperature control functions. Both include an image of the base with the Strix name on the round connector.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-29-2019 at 11:41 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote