View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 02:17 AM   #1586
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Considering that most of the ones I've seen were image scans, they tend to be rather large files.

You might want to try Garum or liquamen. Personally, I'm iffy about trying any recipe that includes the words "The smell really is not bad at all". You do have a yogurt maker you are willing to sacrifice to the cause...
After a little research on the Web, I find that it's amazing how many places give recipes for ancient Roman dishes.

You've got to see the one for garum, at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/roman-recipes.html (do an in-page search for it). Make sure to read the last couple of sentences, especially. One says something like "leave in the sun for 7 days." Then, there's something about at the end the fish have all turned to liquid.

But one of the Scandinavian countries--Sweden, Norway, Denmark, somewhere--have a modern dish that, if memory serves me correctly, is much like the garum. I've heard that people from other countries find it absolutely detestable. It would be interesting if the Internet Archive had a fairly recent book of Scandinavian recipes, written in English . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-02-2018 at 02:24 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote