View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMelby View Post
In anticipation of the arrival of my Sony Reader, I have been lining up some books to load. I have a variety of books in HTML, LIT, and RTF format which I am attempting to format for the Reader. In all cases, the LRF file which is output is suspiciously small. Where a 1.1 MB HTML file was used for the source, the output LRF is only 16KB! Even minus the cover art, this is small. With the LIT file I opened, I only got the first page to open in book designer. The source file was 450KB. So what am I missing? I suspect there is a simple switch I am not flipping.
On the "Make Sony Reader" dialog, are you sure you're clicking the "Make" button rather than the "Test" button? "Test" only converts the first few pages, rather than the entire book.

Quote:
Here is the other problem: On the HTML file, there was a link to the cover art JPG. I don't have the JPG, so I get the classic "X" graphic in Book Designer. I figured I'd just select and delete the offending graphic marker, but when I select it, it will never delete. The resulting LRF file has the same "X" graphic in it.
Double click the missing graphic - you'll get the "Insert/Edit Picture" dialog. Click the "Delete" button in this dialog to delete the picture.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote