View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #95
NiaTrue
Edge User

Chubulor, it speaks volumes that you think the only possible interpretation of something is yours. Every time I've directed a comment at you, I've addressed you by name. The comment you're referring to wasn't directed at you. Duh, it was directed at posters who've been posting for a week-ish and clearly haven't read the threads, not to mention those who want the source code but don't own an eDGe.

robot, I'm completely wrong? About some posters being unprofessional on the boards with regard to their efforts to get the source code? Have you forgotten how obnoxious vicnic got before he was banned? I think you've misunderstood. What I said was that of the people who posted to the forum about their efforts to get the source code, the only one who wasn't offensive or a bully about it was you. No doubt, many other people may have requested the source code and simply didn't post about it. Justin said he has enough of the code to work with for now, and I assumed he knew what he was talking about. Guess not.

And robot, if enTourage chose not to release the code, illegal or not, then they also chose to lose out on people who might not promote it for that reason. Do you really think that posters being offensive on their boards will make them change their minds? I assume given your location that a face-to-face meeting with them would have been difficult, but perhaps a more nuanced request for help from regular posters might have yielded help from posters with connections you don't have. One example? I know an attorney who does this kind of work (sometimes pro bono), an Ivy League-educated intellectual property guy who is also a web-savvy geek. He eats this stuff up, but I'd never refer an obnoxious poster to him.