View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Possibilities for folder organization support on Kindles?

Sometime in the past year I read a possibly old post that stated that it is possible to open a book in the native reader by command. In addition, KOReader ond Coolreader have file browsers and can launch reader apps.

It seems to me that it should be a small step to have the KOReader file browser show azw* files and allow the user to open an azw* file with the Kindle native reader app or to use the file browser as a starting point for a standalone app to open azw* books from the file browser.

I could get this functionality by converting my books to epub, but I am becoming fond of XRAY functionality and frequently use the Kindle dictionaries.

I hope this is possible and that the suggestion strikes some developer's fancy. I do know that over the years many have expressed strong interest in organizing books in folders on Kindles.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote