View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Yes, now i got it.

But ther's no names for 1*10^-(n), like milli or micro in decimal (millimetre, micrometre).

EDIT: the dozenal SIprefix is the same as decimal.
I'm not sure I like just taking the decimal prefixes. (OK, so I've appropriated billion, trillion, quadrillion, etc) but I think that for SI multipliers we need to distinguish between base 10 multipliers and base 12 multipliers, just like we currently distinguish between base 10 multipliers and the binary multipliers (Kibi, Mebi, Gibi, etc.)

Hmm....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote