View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #70
murz_07
Connoisseur
murz_07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You do not need a driver. You can ignore that "missing device driver". fastboot talks directly to the USB port. I use the linux version of fastboot. The windows version needs to be run in a cygwin bash shell.

You can look at the details in properties for your uninstalled device. It should be x01949/0xd0d0 for fastboot mode.

The nice thing about being in fastboot mode is it does a good job recharging the battery. Leave it connected in fastboot mode to recharge it for several hours (overnight is better).

fastboot makes a good battery charger. ;-)

With a kindle fastboot tool, you can do "./fastboot getvar serial" to see your serial number. You might need to do "sudo ./fastboot getvar serial" depending on your permissions settings.

You cannot flash mmcblk0p1 from fastboot -- the image file is too big. You can flash mmcblk0p2 (diags) from fastboot, then boot to it, then copy your restore mmcblk0p1 from an image file on the usb drive using the "dd" command. Details are provide in other posts in this thread and in the "Select Boot..." thread.

I will make this process simpler in the future.
But it's still <waiting for device> in Windows and Ubuntu.
I didn't understand what is "x01949/0xd0d0" and where should I see it.

Last edited by murz_07; 02-28-2012 at 12:44 PM.
murz_07 is offline   Reply With Quote