View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You know, a large number of people try to claw their eyes out when they first see the insides of a Mobipocket file. I'm glad it didn't happen to you.
I think I am missing something here. I unpacked some Mobipocket file from Manybooks and the HTML looked OK so I assume the HTML do not have to be bad. Then I created a Mobipocket file which contained external references to image files. And in FBReader that worked. But did I really have a Mobipocket file then?

So when Bookeen says that Gen3 supports Mobipocket how do I know what html will work on Gen3? Will things not in the Mobipocket format work if the Gen3 reader happens to understand the unpacked html file?

What I am wondering is if you can take any html file and pack it into the container and have a Mobipocket file or do you have to convert the HTML first to some Mobipocket HTML?

Anyway, my html2mobi script can now take a list of HTML files and automatically generate a table of content and then create one HTML file that is then converted to a mobi file. The next step is to exetend this to follow links to files so I can convert a tree fetched with wget.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote