Thread: Author Sort
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by superplinio View Post
I am concerned also about this issue

May be sending to the Sony device the Author Sort field instead the Author Name can fix it.

Also although the data is correctly stored in the device folders as "Surname, Name" in the folders of the library the author appears "Name Surname". I know that the Calibre intention is to browse the library through the program and not through the folder navigator, but sometimes the latter is the quickest way to locate/copy books żIs there any way to fix it?
Quickest way?
Besides typing some search words into the search tool?

Click the column head to sort list
or use the Luggage Tag

You have some mighty powerful (and fairlt simple to use) tools available

Of coarse:
GIGO still applies
If your Meta-data is a Mess:
(and it will be if you blindly accept what is pulled in )

The worst has to be Publisher.
Variants on the Publishing house's name
(Baen Publising Ent. , Baen, Baen Books ... )
the Distributors name.
My choice is to use the "Imprints" (basic) name
(DAW instead of DAW Fantasy or DAW Science Fiction)

Spacing and Punctuation in the Authors name.
A few minutes with the Tag Browser and Bulk Meta-data editor will fix all this
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote